Saturday, January 3, 2009

Great Find

I am so excited! I frequent this hidden gem of a shop only 5 minutes from my house. This is an antique/quilt shop and I love both. I went to the shop with the intentions to purchase fabric to make a quilt for a relative with cancer. I will definitely show it to you once it's complete. Before I looked at fabric, I decided to walk through the antiques and this one piece jumped out at me. You will need a little more information...



For Christmas I was able to buy my husband a new recliner with the money that I made from direct sales business. This gift is a little selfish in that I wanted his old recliner. I fit perfectly into it and he was too tall for it. So, we rearranged the living room and I was without an end table. I was heartbroken and couldn't wait until yard sale season to buy one.



For Christmas, my Mother-in-law gave me a $50 visa gift card (among many other thoughtful gifts) and at first I was overwhelmed. I LOVE gift cards, the possibilities are endless, endless. So, first I bought myself a book (no, not New Moon, you'll see) and I bought this table....





Here's a closer picture...


And the best part...the book shelf underneath. This table matches my passion for red. Are you looking close County Mouse? Yes, Water for Elephants. I can't wait to start it! Thanks for the tip.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great table - and with a handy shelf for books. What a good idea!

Bekah said...

aaaagh!!!!!!! prepare to be amazed by the realness of her writing!

1. I love that table, it would fit perfectly in my living room, does it have a twin?

2. I have been trying to knit ever since you showed your awesome creations in one of your first posts...im awful...but Im learning!

Just thought you should know!