I'm sorry. I don't really have a good excuse for being away for so long. But I'm back. I guess it's the weather...is that good enough an excuse?
Today is Martin Luther King day and tomorrow we will receive our first black president. What a turning point in history. I don't want to talk politics so I will leave this topic at that.
1) I finished the Twilight Series and LOVED it. But if you've been reading, you already know this.
2) I read Water for Elephants and enjoyed that as well. I'm all about happy endings in books, and although this did have a 'happy' ending, I was left with a feeling of guilt for some lost characters. I know, I know, real life isn't always about happy ending. Trust me, I am fully aware of that. And that is why I love happy endings in books.
I do have to say this about the book. It felt real. Sometimes I lost myself in her words. I could easily picture the scenery in my imagination. A very talented writer.
3) My next project: the book The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. I will let you know.
4) My emergency fund is coming along nicely. My goal for the end of the year is $2000. So far I have almost $300.
5) Jared recently declared that he is The Master of Discuss! I believe he meant The Master of Disguise. And yesterday he told me that he is Captain Pickles. I think that was from a cartoon.
6) I started a quilt as a gift for a relative with cancer...a teenager. Doesn't that break your heart?
7) I redecorated my bedroom. Before and after pictures will be available soon.
8) The Steelers are going to the Super Bowl!! My husband is one happy camper.
Until next time!!