Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello

I've been thinking about blogging for a while. But, I've finally decided to join in by a challenge from country mouse. Check out her blog - she is so funny - and real. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite things...





1) my pottery - for the past two summers I have taken a pottery class on the wheel. You cannot believe how good wheel throwing is for you. It really takes your mind off of everything.


This is a little tea-set, or should I call it an iced-tea set, that I made this summer.

2) I LOVE the antiques that I have aquired from my family. I have quite a few pieces but here is my favorite. It is a hutch from my great-grandmother.









3) My sewing machine - I can take a pile of fabric and turn it into something to use, to wear, to give away. There is nothing better than a handmade give - especially if it's a totebag!




4) My son's scrapbooks. My 3-year-old loves to sit on my lap and listen to stories about the pictures in his scrapbooks.






There you have it. I wonder - what do these things say about me. Take country mouse's challenge and tell us your favorite things.

6 comments:

Bekah said...

nora! welcome to blogging! I love your favorite things!!!

J & J Acres said...

I came over from Bekah's links to people who did their favorite things. I wish I could sew. I really admire people who can not just sew, but can sew well enough to MAKE things!

ladyfi said...

Hi Nora and welcome to blogging! Love the pottery you made. I am one of those useless domesticated people, I'm afraid!

http://ladyfi.wordpress.com/

I've only been blogging for two months, so am still new at it! Good luck - I think you're going to enjoy it!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Nora, congrats on starting your blog. We look forward to seeing more posts from you. Your pottery is beautiful!

Jen
http://muddybootdreams.blogspot.com

hayseed said...

Hi Nora, welcome to blogging (I'm new at this too) your pottery is lovely

BITR Country Girl said...

Welcome to bloggy land Nora! Love the pottery!