Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is this an insult?

I went to a craft fair this past weekend with my sister-in-law. We happen to see her neighbor there. Now I met her neighbor before. Let me give you more information. I have a small part time job as a consultant for one of those direct sales companies - so I did a home show for my sister-in-law and her neighbor was there.

Okay - back to the craft fair. Her neighbor sees me and askes SIL how old I am. So SIL yells over to me "How old are you?"

-29

-haha, my neightbor thought you were in high school.



When I was 20 or 21 that was a compliment. But this woman thought I was a child, a teenager. I'm at the point in my life where I want to be taken seriously - not seen as a child. Maybe in another 10 years I'll be happy that someone thinks I look 15 years younger than I really am.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! oh lord do i ever! People tell me not to be insulted, but really, how can you not be?

If it makes you feel any better a few months ago a school bus opened its doors when I walked by.

For what it is worth, I dont think you look like you are in high school (Dont take that like Im saying you look old, You SO dont!!!!)