Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who am I...

Here are a few things about me on the surface....

1) I am a high school math teacher and have been for 9 years. I enjoy my job and I really like the students. I know, most of you are probably making a face right now, but listen, you're wrong. I have students who could conduct class without me. They are mature enough that if I didn't come into the classroom the whole period my neighboring teachers wouldn't even know. The students would probably treat class like a study hall and do their work without yelling. For the most part my job is about relaying information to my students - rarely discipline.

2) I am a wife. I have been married for over 4 years now. I love being married to my husband. He and I fit perfectly. For those of you who understand what I am talking about - you must have someone too.

3) I am a mother. I have a 3-year-old son and a 15-year-old step-daughter. Some days I want to pull my hair out...but they are so worth it.

4) I am a daughter. My parents are awesome. I really look up to my mom and depend on her for her honest opinion. My dad is a people-person and really knows how to have a good time. My husband and I actually lived with my folks for a period of time. I know that you are probably cringing once again, but again you are wrong. We regretted moving out. It was nice to live with my parents and share all the household responsibilities like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.

No comments: