Thursday, December 11, 2008

Classroom Technology

Our school is making the switch from the old-fashioned white boards to the new fan-dangled interactive white boards. I have both in my classroom. And the more I learn about this new technology the more I like it. I know, technology doesn't come without it's own problems. I also know that the benefits outweigh them.

I've had my interactive white board for almost a year now and I am able to place all of my classroom notes on my very-own webpage. This is exciting stuff. Not only can my students get the notes and homework from the internet, their parents can see what we are doing in class everyday and so can my administrators. Some of you may be cringing, but I love this idea. I love that parents can never say that we do nothing in class, not that they did before, but they certainly can't now. If I could have a camera put in my classroom I would do that too. I would love for some of these parents to see what their 'angels' are really doing.

Want to see what a digital classroom looks like? If you said yes, click here. This is my class website. Yup, that's a picture of me, taken by a student last year. You can't really see it, but I'm about 6 months pregnant in that picture!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

oooh fancy shmancy! I showed Matt! haha he says...cool! Man of few words...ha! who am I kidding, he talks all the time!