Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pet Peeves

I'm not sure why, but the mood has stuck to let you know my pet peeves. To other people these things are nothing but they irritate me to no end.

I hate when people chew with their mouth open. It's one thing is they have a head cold and can't breath, but there are people who do it all the time. ALL THE TIME!
There are driving laws for a reason people! That stop sign, yeah that one, it means stop, not yield. Oh, and the speed limit, I guess that is just a suggestion. I hate that other people take my safety and the safety of my son in their own hands when they decide not to obey the law.


It drives me crazy when people mispronounce words. Like mattress, the word has a T in it. It's not pronounced ma-ress. The state of Illinois. For some reason the s is silent. Here's a trick my parents taught me - There's no noise in Illinois. There are other words but I can't think of them right now.

I know there are more but all I can focus on are the three I wrote about. ARGH!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

agh NUCULAR instead of nuclear, and Realitor instead of Realtor...drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

Nucular - that's a good one! That's how we think all of you Americans say the word...

People who drive too fast when there are kids around also drives me mad!